Connect and Lead: Advancing Your Organization through Effective Communication
The Administrative Management Division Board is excited to invite you to our 2014 Annual Conference from July 30 to August 1. This year, we are focusing on two aspects of public works that touch everyone’s workday, communication and leadership.
In talking with our members, we learned that challenges arise every day surrounding communication, either the lack of quantity or quality. On the other hand, successful communication strategies lead to successful projects and positive interactions with stakeholders. Therefore, we have pulled together the best of the industry in these areas to bring you an exceptional educational experience and a value for 9.5 PDH credits!
The board is also excited about our venue, a first for APWA. We will be holding this year’s conference at the Rizzo Center in Chapel Hill. It is a one-of-a-kind conference center that is dedicated to providing facilities that support innovative thinking and learning. The Rizzo Center has a unique all-inclusive setup that enables attendees the ability to focus on learning and networking while all meals, breaks and late-night Dove Bar cravings are satisfied. Because of this change, our fee structure has also changed slightly. For spouses and children, all meals are included in the registration fee, translating into a great deal for all.
And we can’t forget golf…this year everyone is excited about playing at UNC Finley Golf Course. Sign up or golf using the entry form
on the conference brochure.
As you can see, there is a lot to look forward to! We are excited to see you in Chapel Hill and recommend to book early.Registration and Accommodations
There are two ways to register (please note accommodation instructions prior to registering
- Register online and pay with a credit card. You must have an account with APWA National in order to register online. If you are registering another member, non-member, spouse, guest, or need help with online registration, please see "Need Help With Online Event Registration?"
- Register by mail and pay by check
, please follow these instructions to make your room reservation at the Rizzo Center:
- Your room reservation will be made for you by APWA-NC
- When you register for the conference, you will select your room preference and dates needed, but you will not pay for your accommodations at that time.
- After you register for the conference, you will be sent an email confirming your accommodation information with instructions as to how you should pay for your room.
- If you are sharing a room, only ONE person should indicate the reservation.
- Each attendee staying at the Rizzo Center is responsible for payment
- of their accommodation fees.
Questions about registration or accommodations should be sent to Rusty Bost at email@example.com.Conference Cancellation Policy
Conference cancellations must be submitted 7 days prior to the event to receive a refund. Cancellations submitted after the 7-day window may be brought to the Executive Board at the next regularly scheduled meeting for consideration. Please know these registrations are transferable and that you may send someone in your place to this event.